Advent – the season of anticipation; of celebrating Christ’s birth on Christmas day, of dreaming of visits with family and friends, of hoping that Santa didn’t forget you. We hope that Redeemer’s Crèche Display is something that you anticipate, too, and hope that it is a tradition that kicks off your Advent Season. Whether you’ve participated in the past or not, please consider doing so this year by letting us set up your family’s nativity, helping with the set-up, greeting visitors, or helping with the taking down of everything. We’d LOVE for you to bring a friend or neighbor to see this beautiful display, too!
Note that the schedule has changed a bit from what was published in the November Kerygma because we wanted to make sure that we didn’t interfere with the Rhema Church’s Sunday service schedule.
The set-up & take-down schedule (sign-up sheet is in the back of the church):
- November 22 – December 6; bring your crèches to church and store them on the back pews. Please put your name on the crèche itself and any boxes or bags that it is stored in.
- Monday, December 7, 6:30 – set up tables and crèches. Everyone is welcome to help set this up, even if you don’t have a crèche to display.
- Thursday, December 10, 6:30 – put on the final touches (if necessary)
- Sunday, December 13, 5:00 – pack up and take down.
The Display schedule:
- Friday, December 11, 1:00 – 5:00
- Friday, December 11, 6:00 – 9:00
- Saturday, December 12, 9:00 – 4:00
- Sunday, December 13, between all services, including the Rhema afternoon service. The display will be open until 5:00, when we will begin to pack up.
- Also by appointment by calling Meg Mueller
Each crèche is identified by its owner and origin, so if you have a new crèche to add to our display please include a brief history (where and when you purchased it, what the circumstances were if you’d like to share, how it is included in your family’s holiday celebration).
This display has been a tradition at Redeemer since 2001. This year we’re hoping to involve the Rhema Church with the display, and to attract many visitors. When we see the display going up, we know that Advent has arrived!
For questions, please call Meg Mueller at 214.886.8263.